How Solar Works
- The sun´s light produces energy that is collected by Solar Shingles in the form of DC (direct current) electricity.
- The collected DC electricity is channeled to the inverter which converts it into AC (alternating current) electricity for household use.
- Excess electricity not used by the house is fed into the utility grid for energy credits. You use those credits during the night or dark winter days
- Your system’s performance can be conveniently monitored on the internet or even on your smart phone.
Your Solar System Size Depends on your Solar Goal
- You can create a system size that is optimal for your needs.
- You can choose to produce enough solar power to keep your energy use through the utility below the highest priced rate tiers and only pay for the usage in the Base Rate Tier.
- You can choose to produce enough solar power to annually net out to zero the electricity supplied by the utility grid. This is called “Net Zero”.
Dority Roofing & Solar stands behind the products that we install. When it comes to Solar Systems we want to be confident that we have provided our clients with the very best. That is why we chose SunPower and DOW POWERHOUSE™ Solar Shingles. SunPower and DOW POWERHOUSE™ are leaders in solar energy that are constantly at the head of the pack. SunPower’s dedication to excellence shows in their products. They not only produce the world’s most powerful solar panel, but also made it look good. DOW POWERHOUSE™ Solar Shingles are the newest innovation in Solar PV systems. This completely integrated product is a Solar System that doubles as a roofing tile along with turning your home into it’s own power plant.