How Solar Works
- The sun´s light produces energy that is collected by Solar Shingles in the form of DC (direct current) electricity.
- The collected DC electricity is channeled to the inverter which converts it into AC (alternating current) electricity for household use.
- Excess electricity not used by the house is fed into the utility grid for energy credits. You use those credits during the night or dark winter days
- Your system’s performance can be conveniently monitored on the internet or even on your smart phone.
Your Solar System Size Depends on your Solar Goal
- You can create a system size that is optimal for your needs.
- You can choose to produce enough solar power to keep your energy use through the utility below the highest priced rate tiers and only pay for the usage in the Base Rate Tier.
- You can choose to produce enough solar power to annually net out to zero the electricity supplied by the utility grid. This is called “Net Zero”.
Dority Roofing & Solar stands behind the products that we install. When it comes to solar systems we want to be confident that we have provided our clients with the very best. That is why we choose SunPower panels. SunPower is the leader in solar energy and is consistently at the head of the pack. SunPower’s dedication to excellence shows in their products. They not only produce the world’s most powerful solar panel, but also made it look good.
Solar Rebates & Tax Credits
Incentive Programs – Federal Tax Credit
Federal Tax Credit for Solar Electric (PV), Solar Water heating, Wind and other Energy Efficiency systems: The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit is a nonrefundable energy tax credit to help individual taxpayers pay for qualified residential alternative energy equipment, such as solar electric (PV) systems and solar hot water heaters. The law allows for a credit equal to 30 percent of the system’s cost after utility rebates. Please consult with your tax consultant to determine if you would be eligible for this tax credit.
For more information: